Friday, July 6

My First "Show and Tell Friday"

Okay...Kelli from http://www.kellishouse.blogspot.com/ has started a Show and Tell and we have been asked to share something special to us. I have lots of things I'd like to share, but I'll start with these...some vintage kitchen stuff! All of these pieces came from The Hub's family and while he doesn't quite get why they are so special, I absolutely love them!



Look at that ginormous yelloware bowl! And it was under the kitchen cabinet filled with old grocery bags. YIKES! I rescued it in a hurry and will NEVER banish it to the bottom of any kitchen cabinet. The old Evenflo liquid measurer is the best for adding any kind of liquid to anything...no spills. (and if you have been visiting me for a bit, you already know about my kitchen skills...virtually non-existent so any help will be accepted...).


The vintage scale is from The Hub's grandparents house and who knows where before that. The biscuit cutter looks like the handle has been hand-soldered and has had plenty of use. Not by me, of course.
Here's the scale close up. The Hub's family was in and around Chicage for many years, so I'm guessing it was new when it became a part of his family. Don't you just love the font on this label?

See what I mean about the handle?

Anyway..I have a love for all things vintage and while it seems like I tend to be more on the primitive side, the whole pink and white cottage thing is quickly working it's way into my heart! I even bought some pink Fiesta Ware while thrifting the other day..

Sure do hope that everyone had a safe and happy 4th...it rained here most of the day, but the clouds split just in time for fireworks! We had a great day! But, the fun isn't over...I'm headed out tomorrow for this:
The Hub surprised me with this fun day for our anniversary...it's just 4 of us girls and we are sure looking forward to this. Full report to follow!

Enjoy your weekend everyone...!

7 comments:

Julieann said...

What wonderful treasures you have. I absolutely love it when I can find vintage kitchen tools and such. Thank you so much for sharing--I so enjoyed looking at all your kitchen gadgets---it makes me want to get in my kitchen and start cooking.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Julieann

LBP said...

What great treasures for your hubbies family. I love the evenflo measuring cup!

Kelli said...

I love your vintage treasures! The yellow (my favorite color!) bowl is beautiful and what a wonderful scale!
Thank you for joining in for show and tell!
Kelli

Amanda said...

I totally want one of those evenflo measuring cups!

Susan said...

Really nice vintage pieces. I use to have one of those evenflo measuring cups when my children were small and I mixed fomula.
Susan

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

You got yourself some mighty fine treasures there! Love that yellow bowl, and the scale, and, and...they are all wonderful. I'm glad you rescued them from oblivion.

Anonymous said...

It's great that you rescued these vintage kitchen items. How sweet of your hubby to get you tickets to the show! Have fun. Say hi to Blake for me...