Friday, February 8

Just One More Day

My head is so full of Yard Sale stuff that I can't even think about posting anything else! My friend came over last night and brought 3 huge boxes of stuff...I mean these are boxes that garbage cans come in!! Then, my sister is coming down tomorrow and bringing some of her stuff. We've got 5 big tables and a couple of card tables and I don't think that will be near enough space....*sigh*

But, I have emptied all of the boxes and sorted through it all, keeping some things that we just cannot part with. Don't get me wrong...if it was just up to me, I'd keep most of it! But the truth is we won't be displaying it since it doesn't go with anything we have and it just doesn't seem right to keep it in a box. How important can it be if it sits in a box or a cupboard for years??

Anywho...since you enjoyed looking at the last bunch of pictures , here is part 2. This is just skimming the top of what's here...it's almost frightening. Having to clean out 2 homes within 3 months of each other was a big job! So all of you that have boxes or cupboards full of stuff you don't/won't use, do your family a favor...share it now if that is your intention. And...be sure to let someone know who made the quilt or embroidered the pillowcase or made the apron and whose wedding dress is in the box??

So...here ya go....

Glassware

Handpainted Bowl

Old Advertising Plate (sorry..it's blurry)

Crystal Lamps




Cup & Saucer





Quilts




More Tins






Old Tin Picnic Basket, Very Cool Light Up Clock






Hankies





Napkin Holder That Folds Around Napkins....





...And The Napkins Inside





Wedding Cake Topper
(not a family piece, just something I had)




Wonderful Child's Chair, Just Needs Seat!





Watering Can, Shabby Stool, Child's Enamel Top Table






Old Iron & Holder





Iron Bunnies (not old)





Americana Bunting and Flags





The ad in the paper will come out tomorrow and I am also posting on Craig's List. In this area, everyone reads it and uses it. Hoping for a big turnout...sure wish those of you that enjoy this kind of thing could be here! I'd be so happy to see some of this special stuff go home with special people! Wish us luck....!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I lived close enough to come buy that blue cup and saucer. It is beautiful! Good luck with your sale.

Maebelle Park said...

Holy Moly Cass, thank goodness I am coming down today...most of those things are just what I need...amazing coincidence!

Sandi McBride said...

I love the advertizing plate with the longbilled birds...it's the kind of "crap" (as Mac calls it) that the gypsies enthrall me with! I wish I could be there!!! I'm emailing your site to my friend in Winter Park...
hugs
Sandi

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh man!!! I wish I lived near you!!!! I would be at your estate sale pronto!!!! Cool cool stuff...xxoo, Dawn

Jean said...

I wish I could come to your sale! I would buy those bunnies and the child's table in a heartbeat! You must quit torturing those of us that can't come!LOL!

Susie Q said...

Oh how I wish I could be there...it all looks fantastic!
I especially love that little tin with the dog's picture! It is precious!
I hope you have loads of people and make oodles of money!
It is hard work so I hope it pays off BIG for you all!

Love,
Sue

pinkroses said...

AHHHHH! I collect picnic tins, and hankies with pink roses, and that blue teacup...oh my gosh I would buy it all!!!good grief, I wish I was in your neighborhood! I'm so jealous!
suzanne duda

the tattered nest said...

What a great looking sale! I love the little black child's chair! Best of luck to you...It is a lot of work isn't it?

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Love it all,but really heart the picnic basket...Mary

SunshineandRavioli said...

Now that's the kind of yard sale I will brake for ANY day!! I hope it went well for you Cassie....so much great stuff- I can't see how it couldn't have....Did the little French girl print sell?

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

If I was there I'd buy up most of what you have photo'd here. LOVE the picnic basket ~ too cute! Hope your sale went great!!!!!

xo
Becky

Sandi McBride said...

I'm anxious! How did the yard sale go? If you didn't sell the bird plate (advertizing?) how much were you asking? Find out what shipping would be and send me an e-mail...I want it...
hugs
Sandi