Sunday, August 12

Her Wings Are Ready

Our trip was wonderful and even though we fought off rain, heat and an emergency trip to the Dr.'s office (no kidding) we can't wait to go back! Since our return, we have been caught up in sadness, acceptance, fear and confusion and I do apologize to my many new friends for being away for so long!


A few posts ago, I shared with you a dream I had about a friend of ours, a young girl that was battling cancer. After 4 short months, her battle is over...the message arrived," Your wings are ready and it's time to go home". One last breath and she is where she needs to be...she is healthy, happy and flaunting those new wings to all who see her! There's a line in the movie "Steel Magnolias" that says something about "feeling better because I know she is up there watching out for me"...it's amazing what comfort that thought can give. To any of you that have been touched by the loss of someone dear, my thoughts go out to you. And to the rest, hug those close to you and treat them with care. Pick up the phone, send an email...let them know how special they are.

Thanks to those that have sent messages and comments while I have been away! I do have some neat pictures to share and want to tell you everything! Stick with me...I can't believe I have missed 2 Show and Tell Friday's...talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, she was so young. But you are right she is healthy, happy and flaunting new wings.
I have missed you and reading your blog, glad your back.

Hugs, Tonya

Susie Q said...

I am so very sorry to hear about your friend. But how right you are...she is healthy now, free of pain and suffering. She flies with delight on wings of love. She will always be a part of you and all she cared for and who cared for her.

I send you warm hugs...

Sue