Friday, August 31

Commitment

**IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED, DO NOT READ THIS**


A couple of posts back, I mentioned plans to attend our friends' commitment ceremony. The daughter and I were there and it was lovely...very touching and very special. I took lots of pictures and was going to post them all and share them with you, but with a couple of days to think that through, I have changed my mind. My perogative. My choice. I am just overwhelmed at the number of people that have such strong opinions about this. I think that it's tough enough to find love and to be happy, so if you find it, grab it and run!



I also think that my friends are very courageous to step out and make vows to each other knowing what difficult times may be in their future. These are not youngsters...they are grown and have had an opportunity to figure out who they are and what is right for them. If you had the opportunity to READ their vows, without knowing who spoke them...you would have been swept away by their love for each other. I just don't feel that you can help who you fall in love with. I wish them happiness and joy and love from the bottom of my heart.



The eyes see only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.
Henri Bergson


4 comments:

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Aaaaah. NOW I get what the Commitment Ceremony was. I'm such a goober. But we've long established that, haven't we? lol
I'm glad you loved the ceremony. I agree that love is beautiful and you can't choose who you love.

I'll come right out and say that I don't think "being gay" is an option you CHOOSE. It's the way you're born. Period. A person doesn't wake up one day and say "Hmmmm. Think I'll be gay. That way I can be ridiculed, hated, held in contempt and told I'm going to hell. Yeah, that's the path I want to take". I don't understand those who base their entire opinion on someone based solely on a person's sex life. And they're usually the same people who act like "sex" is a dirty word. Go figure.

I promise to NOT quit reading your blog and enjoying your friendship just because you are a person whose heart is filled to over-flowing with love for your friends and are happy to be around people who LOVE each other. I think it's wonderful!!!!
SINCERELY,
Kari

Janet said...

There is nothing more beautiful in this world than two people who love each other. No matter who they are, what they believe, who they chose to love etc. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said "I am straight, but not narrow". Kind of says it all. God bless your friends, they are blessed to have found love.
Janet

Wendster said...

Don't people have enough to do just living their OWN life? I just don't get people who have to JUDGE others. I am plenty busy just trying to live my own life and do a good job as a wife, mom, and charity worker!
Good for you being about acceptance, rather than being about exclusion. Last I checked the scriptures said: LOVE EVERYONE. EVERYONE. I didn't see any clauses that began with IF this or IF that.
OK. I'm done with my soap box now if you want to use it.

DykeDiva said...

I think some people just have to have people to feel superior to and it's just not acceptable to be a racist anymore so they pick on the gays (they upheld slavery in the name of Jesus too). As a gay Christian my heart is warmed to see that people do recongize love when they see it. Nice blog.