Thursday, November 24

Ha-Ha-Ha-Happy Thanksgiving

So, I was going to write this wonderful, thought provoking post and share all the reasons we have to be thankful...not just today, but every day.  However, I think most of us know how lucky we are to have freedoms that many do not have and the opportunities and options to better our lives if need be.  But, we  feel the need to rush around trying to put together the perfect Thanksgiving dinner and the beautifully set table, so that we can celebrate that magazine Thanksgiving Day.

Then a silly, "OMG, did I really do this" moment happens and everything falls into perspective.  And here it is:

The community that The Hub and I have moved to is a "golf community" and there is a very nice restaurant in the clubhouse.  They have Sunday Breakfast buffet's, Tuesday night Wings 'n Beer, Sunday NFL Taco Brunch...lots of things designed to keep you spending $$ here.  We support all of this since it is good for the homeowners and good for the community.

Anyway...last night, we decided to take the easy way out and get a quick dinner at the clubhouse.  How busy could it be...it's the night before Thanksgiving!

**I should mention here, that The Hub is on the HOA Board of Directors and on the Golf and Greens Committee.** 

Anyway, we pull ourselves together and head over to a pretty busy room.  Of course, people are greeting Hub and wishing us a Happy Holiday and he is introducing me to a few people for the first time.  We've only been here full time about 4 months.

After many handshakes, quick polite hugs and a really good meal, we wave good bye and head out to the car...living just a mile or so away is a big plus...and under the parking lot lights, I look down and see them.  My shoes.  Cute little suede flats with a tassel across the toe.

One Black. One Brown.

Oh yeah.  I probably should not have said anything, but my first reaction was "Are you kidding me?".  Then came the laughter, The Hub included, and wondering if anyone else noticed...the lights were on in the restaurant, so if anyone checked out my feet, it would have been pretty obvious.  The Hub laughed, The Daughter laughed, I laughed...and there you have it.

This is what I am most thankful for...family and friends that love me, as I am, even when I do things that make me seem just a couple fries short of a Happy Meal.

Be thankful for everything big....but, most of all, be thankful for the little things.  The laughter and love of those closest to you...give them an extra hug today if you see them or chat a minute longer if you call them somehwere far away.  

Happy Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

Ok, so now I know I'm not the only one that does things like that, it makes me even more thankful! Happy Thanksgiving from Holding Patterns and One Cat Shy of Crazy, Cassie my dear!
Sandi

Susie Q said...

I am so thankful that I am not alone in doing such things!! *laugh* You are so wonderful Cassie.
(((((Hugs)))))
Love,
Sue, who is hoping your Thanksgiving was the best!

Janet said...

Thank Heavens for friends and family who love us no matter what...I am grateful to count you and SusieQ among my blessings. E0mail me your new address; I didn't know you had moved. Is that what all the house reno was about? We are doing it too!