Friday, March 20

You Know How It Is

You see something and you just can't stop thinking about it. How it was made, how it looks, what if you just changed one little thing....I do this all the time and it makes me nuts. So, I took a bit of a mental health break yesterday and put something together, based on something else I saw...somewhere.

I got this little old medicine bottle at the thrift store for $1.25 and it has been sitting in my "space" for a month or so. I needed to give a small token to a friend and decided to do something with this, just 'cause I know she loves this stuff, too. So...I dropped in a few pearls of different shapes and sizes. Not real pearls, but some kind of aged looking ones....






I had made these bird's nests out of pearls and silver wire...one 22 gauge and one 26 gauge...and wanted to add them somehow. Now...I saw these on another beautiful blog and I cannot for the life of me remember where. If these look similar to any you have seen in your blog travels, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due. Her instructions were so easy to follow! ***http://www.justsomethingimade.com/*** Posted 3.2.09 Thanks, Cathe!!






After adding a piece of vintage sheet music and a picture of birds, I tried to place the nest...






But...I had this cool old button' that had the same color of pearls and just a couple of rhinestones, and it seemd to fit better.







Let's not stop trying...I really wanted to use that nest! A bit of vintage Christmas tinsel as a backdrop, maybe??? I really am all about the shiny stuff...







I had to admit it...the button looked better and it was the right color and the little brown feathers just blended in so sweetly. But are ya lovin' that piece of tinsel in the top?? :)


5 comments:

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

That is the cutest little nest! And the bottle. . . love it!!!

ShabbyInTheCity said...

She will love it! Very vintagey cute :)

I have "parked" my blog which means everyone is blocked...not just you :)

Sandi McBride said...

Oh I love that...I love old bottles and the birds nests...what lovely earrings they'd make, too! Good work!
Sandi

Tara said...

What a great way to use that bottle!

Susie Q said...

Cassie! This is absolutely wonderful! Your friend will be so delighted with this treasure. gads girl! You are so creative and talented!

Love,
Sue